Interested in helping the team out but don’t know where to start?
Ainushi Translations is always looking for more budums— I mean, staff to help us take over the translation world. After all, who doesn’t love extra delicious treats?
Workload: A chapter a week or a chapter a month depending on your work schedule.
Please be mindful that we do expect someone who’s active, willing to learn and hungry to help improve the translation world. It’s okay to stumble and fall. We’ve got your back, fellow Ainushian! 😀
Positions currently available:
- Fluent or near-native level English + fluent or background knowledge of Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
- Minimum expected knowledge is N3 for Japanese Translators. Japanese MTL Translators are welcome but will be put on trial.
- You’re a go-getter, never a single hesitation to set aside time to translate. Passionate, you dedicate time aside to translate a myriad of contents purely to indulge, improve and share your love for the material to others. Most of all, you own your work and am proud of it.
TLC-ers aka Proofreaders
- Possess fluent or near-native level of Japanese, Korean and Chinese + fluent English.
- You can spot mistakes from a mile away, being able to identify when an idiom is being transliterated, missing words or a better choice of word could be used.
- Dedicated and passionate about championing the voice of the author, you will work in tandem with the translator to ensure that their voices are heard.
- Possess fluent or near-native level English.
- Reading my text pains you as much as you want to shred me to pieces, acknowledging that my commas and ellipsis are used wrongly.
- You’re the final boss that the translators have to overcome. The final gate before release, you ensure that the quality is like of the richest wine available in the world. Readability is everything. You won’t compromise without good reason.
If you’re interested, please email us at email@example.com with the following details:
- Position you’re applying for
- Experience, if any